Sending a Secure Binfer Message
Binfer’s Message feature allows users to send two types of messages; Binfer Secure and Binfer Open. A Secure Message is more secure because the content cannot be read directly by an email client such as Gmail or Outlook. Instead, the recipient must click on the provided link in the email body labeled ‘View Secure Message’; this will open a new window in the recipient’s browser, bridging a direct connection between the sender and receiver, thus revealing the contents of the message.
- Open the Binfer app
- Click the ‘Action’ menu dropdown arrow
- Select ‘Share via Binfer’
4. Fill ‘To’ section with the recipient email address
5. Fill out the ‘Subject’ section
6. Compose the text of the message as you would in any email in ‘Comment’ section
7. Drag and drop as many attachments of any size you’d like into the body of the message
8. Set the delivery method to ‘Binfer Secure’ so the content cannot be read directly by an email client such as Gmail or Outlook. Instead, the recipient must click on the provided link in the email body labeled ‘View Secure Message’; this will open a new window in the recipient’s browser, bridging a direct connection between the sender and receiver, thus revealing the contents of the message
9. Set the delivery method to ‘Binfer Open’ so the receiver can see details of the message
10. Select further security options from the ‘Options’ section
11. Select Enable Web Pickup if you send the message to not Binfer App user (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook) so the receiver can pick up the files through a link generated by Binfer
Recipient’s will receive an email. Upon clicking the link they can download the files
9. Select ‘Skinny Mode’. The Skinny Mode allows you to change the Web Pickup page so that only links, and not thumbnails, are displayed on the browser page. Also, there is no subject line or message on the page.
10. Set password protection if you want the user to use the password to open the message
11. Press ‘Send’ icon on the upper left corner to send your secure message to the desired recipient
12. The recipient can open the message via Binfer app. or the web link automatically generated by Binfer
Once the file has been sent, you may want to know if it has been received. Unlike email, with Binfer Messages you can see if a file has been picked up and truly delete a message if it has been sent by mistake. To do so, simply:
- On the top left of your screen, toggle from ‘Inbox’ to ‘Outbox’
- A status ‘Sent’ tells you that the message has been sent and received. A status ‘Pending’ tells you that the transfer is in the process.
- To Delete the message, simply hover over the message on the left of the screen and press the ‘Delete’ button. You can rest assured that the files are no longer accessible once you’ve deleted it.